14 August 2012

Imy’s Travelling Goals - All Stars Guest Post - Ray Blake

I am lucky enough to today have Ray Blake from My Life all in One Place, you know that guy who creates all the AMAZING Philofaxy inserts with Steve and has all these GENIUS ideas of how to hack Filofaxes and add extra things that are just magical and helpful, well I have been lucky enough to have him posting on my blog!!! All part of the Philofaxy All Stars. Enjoy...

Having follewed Imy’s recent posts, I know how hard she has worked to thin down her setup so she can work with a Compact Filofax, so when she asked me to write a guest post for her – and specifically to come up with an invention – I knew I couldn’t make something that would take up much ring space. Preferably, it should be something that replaced something she already had.

The obvious choice is the Today marker. Whilst it’s fabulously useful for gaining quick access to the right page in your diary, it’s not doing anything else for you. Given that it’s something you’re going to look at several times every day, I thought there was scope to make it more useful.

So I asked Imy to tell me what her current goals were and I designed her a new Today marker that means she gets reminded of her goals all the time. I called it Imy’s Travelling Goals for three reasons:

1. Because travel is one of Imy’s passions

2. Because travelling connotes movement and action and this marker prompts that

3. Because the goals travel through her Filofax, week by week, and stay current

Oh, and it’s pink. I didn’t feel the need to ask her about that.

Anyway, here is the finished item:


You can download the MS Publisher template and make your own here. Instructions are included. Print on A4 paper, or if using Letter size paper, set printing so that it doesn’t scale to paper size.

Thank you again Ray

3 comments:

  1. Yes! A brilliant idea. Hot on the heels of Ray's Personal-sized expenses envelope, whichI now use every week, here comes another great one. Can't wait to personalise this :) Thanks Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is an amazing invention!!!

    ReplyDelete